Share This Article
Research is an integral part of the activities of the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. The Institute conducts research within its academic programs under all the departments and the academic centers. Its faculty members also conduct research projects sponsored by various government agencies and companies. The aims of these sponsored researches are varied starting from the advancement of theoretical knowledge to the development of new technology to solve practical problems.
The sponsored research conducted till now has covered areas such as theoretical and applied aspects of core science (physics, chemistry, and mathematics), social sciences, information and communication technology, electronics, artificial intelligence, material science, nanotechnology, biotechnology, alternative energy, environment, water resources, structural and earthquake engineering, geotechnical engineering, chemical engineering, heat transfer, machine design, manufacturing, product design, etc.
Sponsored research in the Institute has contributed in terms of development in knowledge and technology. It has also helped to bring academia closer to the industry. In addition, it has added to the infrastructure of the Institute through the acquisition of modern equipment for the research projects.
The research projects have also acted as the training ground for the young post-graduates just out of the universities. The Research and Development Office is the wing of the Institute which facilitates, channelizes, records, and regulates as per the Institute rules all the sponsored research projects and consultancy works in the Institute. The Research and Development Section is administered by the Dean of Research & Development.
1. Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
2. Department of Chemical Engineering
3. Department of Civil Engineering
4. Department of Computer Science and Engineering
5. Department of Design
6. Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
7. Department of Mechanical Engineering
8. Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
9. Department of Mathematics
10. Department of Chemistry
11. Department of Physics
12. School of Energy Sciences and Engineering
13. Centre for the Environment
14. Centre for Nanotechnology
15. Centre for Linguistic Science and Technology
16. School of Agro and Rural Technology
17. Centre for Disaster Management & Research (CDMR)
18. Center for Intelligent Cyber-Physical Systems
19. Centre for Sustainable Polymers
20. Mehta Family School of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
21. Centre for Indian Knowledge System
22. School of Health Science and Technology
23. International Joint Ph.D. Degree (JPD) Programme with Gifu University, Japan in Food Science and Technology
24. International Joint Ph.D. Degree (JPD) Programme with Gifu University, Japan in Integrated Mechanical Engineering
Admissions to the Ph.D. program are held twice a year – in July and January. Applications are invited normally in March and October.
- Eligibility Criteria required for admission into the Ph.D. program of the institute and all other related information, please click here.
- Visit www.iitg.ac.in/acad for more information on PhD admission.
For more information mail: firstname.lastname@example.org