PhD at IIM Ahmedabad | IIM A is creating thought leaders and scholars through its Ph.D. program. It has evolved gradually from its purpose of ‘knowledge dissemination’ to knowledge creation. This shift in emphasis has, thus, creating an ecosystem of advanced research and publications.
The Red Brick IIM Ahmedabad is every scholar’s dream. IIM A’s Ph.D. Programme in Management (erstwhile the Fellow Programme in Management, FPM) is one of the earliest doctoral programmes of Management Science in India.
- To equip students with the necessary skills to identify and carry out research on complex issues in the specialized field of management.
- to preparing thought leaders, both for the academic and corporate world.
- To make professionals who will be placed in world-class organizations in teaching, research, and consulting positions.
A potential Ph.D. scholar must have outstanding academic credentials, intellectual curiosity, and discipline.
Broad Ph.D. Areas to apply (12 areas)
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Information Systems
- Production and Quantitative Methods
- Public Systems Group
- Food and Agribusiness
- Innovation and Management in Education
Admission to PhD at IIM Ahmedabad :
- Write Exams (CAT/ GMAT, GRE/ NET-JRF)
- Fill application (application opens for 2-3 months: November- January)
- Application review
- Interviews happen in the month of March/ April
- Declare of results by the end of April
- Course work begins in July
Financial Support for PhD at IIM Ahmedabad
The fellowship covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library, placement, and alumni fees) and living expenses (comprising medical insurance, boarding, and lodging).
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work: 1st Year||32800|
|Course work: 2nd Year||32800|
|After clearing the comprehensive exam||35400|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||39300|
An additional allowance of Rs. 50,000 is provided to enable students to purchase their own personal computers. The Institute provides sufficient funds to meet contingency expenses to cover research work. The Institute may find support for exceptional international students.
Support for Conference/ Research Grant/ International Collaborations
The Institute provides competitive opportunities to present research papers at national and international conferences and spend a term or more for fieldwork at collaborating universities within the country and outside.
Research grants are also provided on a competitive basis for summer projects. Doctoral students receive an annual contingency grant to fund research-related expenses.