PhD at IIM Lucknow | Established in 1996, the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (abbreviated IIM Lucknow or IIM-L) is the fourth IIM established by the Government of India. With its foundation in the city of “Tehzeeb”.
IIM Lucknow as well inculcates human values and professional ethics in the students to help them make a positive impact not just on the nation but on a global platform. IIM Lucknow is an ideal setup conducive to learning, accessibility, and excellence.
Ph.D./ FPM Overview
Launched in 2000-01, the Fellow Program in Management (FPM) is a doctoral-level program of the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. The program offers a unique opportunity to those who wish to hone their research talents and develop teaching skills.
The program is designed to produce high-quality academicians, researchers, and management thinkers by providing an opportunity for interdisciplinary education and research in management.
The high academically charged environment of the institute helps scholars to develop and sharpen their intellect. The unique pedagogy and program structure of the FPM curriculum provides an enriching environment for personal and professional growth.
Specialization/ Areas (9 Areas)
- Agribusiness Management
- Business Environment (Economics)
- Decision Sciences
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology and Systems
- Operation Management
- Strategic Management
Eligibility for PhD at IIM Lucknow
The ideal applicants for the Fellow Programme are those who possess a strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity and discipline needed for scholarship in management.
A Masters’ Degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 60% marks or equivalent grade point average
Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA, and CS with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
For specialization in Agri-Business Management following is the eligibility criteria
A master’s degree or its equivalent in Agribusiness Management or any discipline of Agricultural and Allied Sciences with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural / Food / Biotechnology and Allied Engineering with 60% marks or equivalent grade point average Age Limit
Tests/ Scores for PhD at IIM Lucknow
Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria stated above are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs.
Alternatively, those who have a valid GATE/GRE/GMAT or JRF/SRF(UGC/CSIR/ICAR) score/certificate can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
Selection Process for PhD at IIM Lucknow
The applicants short-listed on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called to Lucknow for a personal interview for the final selection
Financial Support for PhD at IIM Lucknow
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|After clearing the comprehensive exam||30000|
additional financial support is available through the following
|1st and 2nd||Rs. 10000||purchase of books, stationery, computer hardware/ software, etc.|
|3rd and 4th||Rs. 15000|
|One time grant||Rs. 50000||Purchase of computer|
- Support to attend International Conference/Workshop
- A total combined travel grant/conference registration grant amount of Rs. 1,40,000/- (i) to attend one international conference after submitting the thesis proposal, (ii) to attend a maximum of one domestic conference each in III and IV years,
- An additional travel grant of Rs. 10,000/- in III or IV year to attend a domestic Doctoral Consortium or the proposed annual inter-IIM Doctoral Consortium/Doctoral consortia organized by IIMs/IISc/IGIDR.
- Support for Fieldwork (Reimbursement)
|3rd and 4th||Rs. 50000 (Max)||travel/boarding/lodging and local conveyance expenses for case-writing and field-based research|
|3rd and 4th||Annual membership fees||only one national and only one international professional society|
Accommodation and Insurance Support
- Campus hostel facility is available for the stay of married students with their immediate family (spouse and children).
- The Institute also provides certain additional facilities for married FPM scholars whose families are residing on campus. This includes reimbursement of family health insurance premiums. The combined health insurance cover of Rs. 100,000 for the candidate, her/his spouse, and two children are being offered from the Institute. The premium payable for Rs. 100,000 covers is reimbursed.