Prof. Jaideep Prabhu is the Jawaharlal Nehru Professor of Indian Business & Enterprise Director of the Centre for India & Global Business (CIGB) Fellow of Clare College. He’s currently working with Judge Business School, University of Cambridge. He is a B.Tech. from IIT Delhi and a Ph.D. from the University of Southern California.
Books by Prof. Jaideep Prabhu:
1. Jugaad Innovation: A Frugal and Flexible Approach to Innovation for the 21st Century
2. Frugal Innovation: How to do more with less
3. Do Better With Less: Frugal Innovation for Sustainable Growth
International business, marketing, strategy, and innovation. Specific interests include cross-national issues concerning the antecedents and consequences of radical innovation in high-technology contexts such as
- Banking, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology;
- The role of firm culture in driving innovation in firms across nations; how multinational firms organize their innovation activities worldwide;
- The forces that drive R&D location decisions and the factors that influence the performance implications of these decisions;
- The internationalization of firms from emerging markets;
- Innovation in emerging markets.
Jaideep Prabhu is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Marketing, Customer Needs and Solutions, and BMJ Innovations. He is on the editorial advisory board of the Journal of Management Studies and The Schmalenbach Business Review and is a member of the senior advisory board of the European Journal of Marketing.
He has consulted with or taught executives from ABN Amro, Bertelsmann AG, BRAC, British Telecom, the UK’s Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), EDS, Egg, IBM, ING Bank, Laird, the NHS, Nokia, Oce Copiers, Philips, Roche, Shell, Vodafone, and Xerox among other organizations in Colombia, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, UK, and the US.
He has been interviewed by or has had his work profiled on BBC News 24, The New York Times, MIT Sloan Management Review, BusinessWeek, US News & World Report, The Financial Times, Le Monde, The Times, The Times of India, The Economic Times, Anglia News, The Asian Age, The Deccan Chronicle, The Statesman, The Calcutta Telegraph, Exec Digital and elsewhere.