PhD at IIM Indore | Established in 1996, the Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore) has been a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry, government and PSUs. IIM I’s logo carries a proclamation in Sanskrit Siddhi Moolam Prabandhanam ‘सिद्धि मूलं प्रबंधनम’ encapsulate the belief that ‘the root of all achievement is management’.
Ph.D./ FPM Overview
The Fellow Programme at IIM Indore is a unique doctoral programme in management. It is designed to provide both breadth and depth of knowledge to doctoral participants in management.
The programme has the two-fold objective of enabling the participants:
- to master the relevant methodological tools of management research
- to advance the current body of management knowledge on the other.
Specialization/ Areas (8 Areas)
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems (Information Systems Management, Emerging technologies, and Data Science / Analytics)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques (Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistics, and Mathematics)
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management (Strategic Management, International Business, and Entrepreneurship)
Test Scores for PhD at IIM Indore
|Area of Specialization||Acceptable Standard Test Score(s)|
|Financial and Accounting||CAT/ GMAT/JRF|
|Information and Systems||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE|
|Marketing Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF|
|Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management||CAT/ GMAT/GRE/ JRF|
|Strategic Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT|
Selection Process for PhD at IIM Indore
- Stage 1: Eligible candidates should submit their applications online.
- Stage 2: The shortlisting will be done by the respective Areas and candidates will be called for a Personal Interview (PI)
- Stage 3: Admission Committee Round: The Admission Committee judge the candidate on different parameters. Candidates meeting the minimum performance in the PI will be considered for Stage-4.
- Stage 4: Area Wise Selection: Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared by the Areas only.
Financial Support for PhD at IIM Indore
- No Tuition Fees
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work (Term I, II, III, and IV) Each term is for three months||27000|
|After clearing the comprehensive exam||33000|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||40000|
additional financial support is available through the following
|Contingency grant (annual, 1-4 years)||Rs. 25000||purchasing hardware, software, books, and for meeting photocopying expenses.|
Support to attend International Conference/Workshop
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 30,000 per year with a provision that from second year onwards for attending one / more than one conference per year.
- International Conferences, the Institute subsidizes expenses subject to a ceiling of Rs. 200000 with a provision of attending a maximum of two International Conferences plus International Doctoral Colloquium or International Professional Development Workshop during the entire period of the programme but not beyond five years.
- Free boarding and lodging on campus (FPM Hostel).
- Limited accommodation for married participants may be available on the campus on a payment basis (subject to availability and other applicable rules of HS&A).