PhD at IIM Ranchi | Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, the ninth member of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management family was established on December 15, 2009, under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India with the extensive support of the Government of Jharkhand.
The Ph.D. programme of IIM Ranchi has the objective of developing outstanding scholars for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs, or for that matter any organization that requires advanced analytical and research capabilities.
Areas/ specialization for PhD at IIM Ranchi:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
- Information Systems & Business Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
Tests required for PhD at IIM Ranchi:
Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified in GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/ CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
Eligibility for PhD at IIM Ranchi:
A candidate for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE, or any equivalent qualification from recognized foreign universities or institutions.
- Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma or its equivalent in any discipline with first class
- B.Tech/ 4 Years Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Any professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS with a B.Com/ Degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
In addition, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent) in all their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply.
Financial and Other Supports for PhD at IIM Ranchi:
IIM Ranchi has excellent facilities in library, computing, and faculty resources.
IIM Ranchi provides comprehensive financial and other support to the Ph.D. students as indicated below:
- Tuition Waiver for the entire program.
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work (1st and 2nd year)||30000|
|Thesis Word (3rd and 4th year)||35000|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||35000|
- Contingency allowance of Rs. 100000/- spread over 4 years for the purchase of books, stationary, printer, pen drives, computer tablet, internal/external hard disks, security software, operating software, field visits.
- Rs. 50000/- in the first year/ second year for the purchase of computer and software and other peripherals.
- Financial Support in presenting papers in 4 Domestic and 1 International Conference, conference grant in first four years.
- Rent-free accommodation for both bachelor and married single students on campus. Married accommodation can be provided subject to availability. In case any married student is desirous of availing the facility of 02 bed room accommodation, then 50% of the rent will be borne by the concerned student. All other additional charges like electricity, water, maintenance etc. will be borne by the concerned student. If single room studio apartment is available it will be given at no cost.
- The Ph.D. participants have to pay for all consumables which includes stationery, utility charges in hostels, boarding charges etc.