PhD at IIM Raipur | The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) brand has now become synonymous to innovation, talent and zeal for success and contribution in management. In 2010, Government of India has set up IIM Raipur in Chhattisgarh, one of the fastest growing states of India with its rich mineral, forest, natural and local resources. From very beginning IIM Raipur has set high standards for outstanding value based quality education, high quality research, executive education, consultancy and strong corporate as well as international linkages. IIM Raipur encourages contemporary research concentrating on regional, national and global issues.
Ph.D. Programme Overview for PhD at IIM Raipur
IIM Raipur has started the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) from academic year 2012-13. FPM is a full-time doctoral programme that offers research scholars opportunities for advanced studies and research in different area of ‘management’. The Programme aims to prepare research scholars for careers in teaching and research in management studies and in related disciplines, and for careers in the academic institutions and in other organizations that require advanced analytical and research capabilities.
|The objectives of the programme are:|
|To provide research scholars with necessary skills to identify and research complex issues in the field of management.
To contribute to the creation, transmission and application of knowledge in the field of management.
To do research and publications of international standard in inter-disciplinary areas management that will add value to the society and to the body of knowledge.
To meet the teaching and research manpower needs of academia and industry by producing highly skilled individuals with exceptional analytical ability and training in conducting specialized research.
Areas/ Specialization (7 areas) for PhD at IIM Raipur
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Economics and Business Environment
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour & HRM
Eligibility for PhD at IIM Raipur
- A Master’s degree/PGP from IIMs or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average
- Professional qualifications such as CA/ICWA with degree and CS with B. Com degree along with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average
- 4 Year/8 Semester Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- Five year Integrated Master’s degree programme in any discipline, with at least 60% aggregate marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Test Scores for PhD at IIM Raipur
Candidates who full fill the eligibility criteria stated above are required to submit any of the test score of CAT/GRE/GATE/GMAT/ JRF (UGC/CSIR) of last two years along with the application form.
Financial Assistance for PhD at IIM Raipur
- Tuition Waiver for the entire program.
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work (1st and 2nd year)||30000|
|Thesis Word (3rd and 4th year)||35000|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||35000|
- Contingency Grant: Rs. 40000 per year
- Grant for laptop: Rs. 50000 (one time)
- International Conference Support: up to Rs. 150000