PhD at IIM BodhGaya is situated in the land of Nalanda, where scholars from all over the world came and worked relentlessly for the attainment and dissemination of knowledge. We aim to develop cutting-edge research that expands our understanding of business, management, and leadership. IIM Bodh Gaya acknowledges the significance of exposure to global standards and contemporary trends for the enrichment of its students’ learning experience.
About PhD Programme
- The Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Bodh Gaya is a full-time residential programme. The programme aims to foster high-quality researchers, innovative thinkers, and touchstone academics.
- The programme offers the chance to delve into multidisciplinary research in the domain of management education.
- Its purpose is to imbue learners with the necessary analytical and research skills required for a career in academics, management, and industry. In this spirit, the programme is run within an academically poignant environment that aids research scholars hone their intellectual tendencies.
- The programme also aims at producing excellence in publishing high-standard research output.
Specialization/ Areas (5 Areas) in PhD at IIM BodhGaya
- Economics and Business Environment
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Technology and Systems
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
Candidates should have
- Master’s degree in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average,
- Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average,
- Five years/four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme in any discipline, with at least 60 percent marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent,
- Four Year/ Eight Semester Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech./ B. Arch.) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
Step 1: Appear for CAT/ or any test (GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC-JRF/CSIR in lieu of CAT Candidates require a valid test score, from any one of the acceptance tests to the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following table. The tentative scores required are:
Candidates who already have two-year full-time PGP completed in the last 10 years from IIMs with minimum grade point equivalent to 6.0 out of 10 point scale or equivalent (with no ‘F’s and not more than two ‘D’s in the first year of PGP) are exempted from the test score and can apply directly.
Step 2: Fill the application
Step 3: Application review
Step 4: Interviews happen in the month of March/ April.
Step 5: Declare results by the end of April. Merit List will be prepared based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualification and Relevant Work Experience, Research Aptitude & Publications, and Reference Letter.
Step 6: Course work begins in July
That’s the start of a roller coaster ride. Have fun during the process.
- All academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library fees) and hostel fee is sponsored by the Institute.
|Stage||In Rupees per month|
|Stipend till Comprehensive Exam||32800|
|Stipend post Comprehensive Exam||35400|
|Stipend post-approval of Thesis Proposal||39300|
Additional Financial Support
|Contingency Grant||Rs. 25000 per year for four years. (purchase of books, stationery, journal subscription, professional annual membership fee (student rates) of one national and one international society, and travel-related to thesis work)|
|To purchase Laptop||Rs.50000 per one time grant|
|To attend Conferences||Rs.175000 for conferences after completion of Comprehensive Exam (Max within 5 years)|
- Selected candidates need to pay a caution deposit of Rs.30, 000/- at the time of registration. Caution money is refundable after adjusting dues, if any, at the time of leaving the Institute.
- Teaching Assistance ship for one course per year is mandatory and unpaid.
- If any self-sponsored candidates want to join a full-time Ph.D., the applicant has to pay the full fee as IIM Bodh Gaya Rules.