IMRDC 2022 _ Call for submission | The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore’s flagship journal IIMB Management Review (IMR) and the Office of the Doctoral Programme is organising the thirteenth IMR Doctoral Conference (IMRDC 2022) on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd of January, 2022. This edition of IMRDC will be a virtual conference, adapting the features of the physical conference into an interactive, online mode.
Our objective is to encourage doctoral research and facilitate collaborative work among researchers from different institutions. We aim to provide a forum where insightful feedback from senior researchers and academicians can help improve the quality and rigor of doctoral student research.
The IMR Doctoral Conference is a benchmark event in India’s doctoral community, commended by participants for the thorough and constructive feedback provided through its “one exclusive discussant per paper” format.
We invite full paper submissions from doctoral students in Management, across all areas including Decision Sciences, Economics and Social Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Finance and Accounting, Information Systems, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, and Human Resources Management, Production and Operations Management, Public Policy, and Strategy.
The submissions will be reviewed by a Faculty Review Committee in multiple rounds, from which a set of papers will be finally selected for presentation and reviewed by the discussants. We aim to select at least one paper from each area, for the final presentation. Papers selected for the conference will be considered for publication in IIMB Management Review, subject to author approval and after completion of the journal’s standard review process.
The Best Paper Award will be given for the best paper among those selected for presentation, based on the decision of the Conference Chairs, the Discussants, and the Faculty Review Committee.
Important Dates for IMRDC 2022 _ Call for submission
|Deadline for submission of full paper||15 September 2021|
|Notification of selected papers||17 December 2021|
|Conference dates||20, 21 & 22 January, 2022|
- The conference is open to doctoral students who have commenced research on their theses.
- Only one paper per student is allowed; while co-authorship with faculty is permitted, the paper must be presented by the doctoral student at the conference.
- The paper should not have been published, or accepted for publication, in any academic journal.
Submission Guidelines for IMRDC 2022 _ Call for submission
Only full paper submissions will be considered. Papers should be submitted through the online portal https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=imrdc2022
- Easychair submission page: When you make a submission on the Easychair submission page, please ensure that all the fields on the information page are filled correctly. This would include Title of the paper; Keywords; Topic/Subject area; Abstract (200 words); Details of Author/Co-Authors which include first name, last name, email, phone number, affiliation, and country. Details of the authors’ names and afﬁliation should not appear in the main manuscript.
- Full paper (without author identifiers):
- The full paper should be uploaded on the Easychair submission page using the Submission tab. This document should not contain author names and details. The paper should be uploaded as a pdf file.
- The full paper submission should contain the title of the paper, the 200-word abstract, the keywords, and clearly outlined literature, methodology, and results from sections.
- The paper, inclusive of tables, figures, references, and appendices, should be submitted as a single document and should not exceed 8,000 words.
- References should be in APA style (The following link can be used for guidelines – http://www.bibme.org/citation-guide/apa/)
- The paper must be formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font with double line spacing and 1” margin on all sides.
- The submissions not following the above format will be desk rejected.
- All submissions will be put through an originality/plagiarism check.
Authors must also submit a nomination letter from the concerned thesis advisor/faculty member. The letter should comment on the quality of the paper and its contribution to the student’s research agenda, especially for students not at an advanced stage of their research. The nomination letter should contain the signature and affiliation details of the advisor, along with the official seal.
A scanned copy of the nomination letter should be emailed to the IMRDC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details about the conference visit: https://www.iimb.ac.in/imr-doctoral-conference
Professor Tirthatanmoy Das, Economics, IIMB
Professor Rajeev R Tripathi, Production & Operations Management, IIMB
About IIMB Management Review
IIMB Management Review (IMR) is the peer-reviewed quarterly journal of IIM Bangalore published in arrangement with Elsevier. The digital version of the journal is available through ScienceDirect®. IMR is listed on the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List as a category ‘B’ journal; IMR is also indexed on Scopus and the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).
Addressed to practitioners, researchers, and educators, IMR provides managerial insights in all core business functions, with a special emphasis on emerging economies. IMR is an open-access journal. We invite you to view our journal at https://www.journals.elsevier.com/iimb-management-review/.
For any queries contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com
All email queries should bear the subject line: IMRDC 2022
IMRDC Secretariat / IIMB Management Review, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore – 560 076, Phone: 91-80-26993099, Fax: 91-80-26584050