AOM 2021 |Prof. Payal Kumar |Dean, Research & Management Studies at Indian School of Hospitality
Dr. Kumar is a Professor and Chair (HR/OB); and Head of Research and International Relations at BML Munjal University. She is well known for publishing books with international publishers such as Palgrave Macmillan and Emerald Publishers. She has published 10 books so far and is working on several others. Also, she is the editorial board member of several prestigious international journals. In an earlier avatar, Dr. Kumar held the post of Vice President Editorial and Production, SAGE Publications Pvt Ltd.
She received the award for the MSR Showcase Symposium at the Academy of Management Management, AOM 2021. It was co-presented to her with Joan Marques (organizer), Tom Culham, Benito Teehankee, Stacie Chappel, and Ayesha Sengupta
(Symposium for AOM 2021 |on Looking Back to Spiritual Traditions of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
- Negotiation and Grievance Management
- Employer Branding
- Emotional Intelligence and Managerial Effectiveness
- A personal journey for excellence
- Critical literature review and academic writing (doctoral scholars)
- Organizational Behaviour
- Mentoring, coaching & competency mapping
- Cross-cultural effectiveness
- Leadership theories
- Graduation In: Master of Arts in Religious Studies
- Graduation From: School of Oriental and African Studies, UK
- Graduation Year: 1989
- Post Graduation In Fellow in Programme Management
- Post Graduation From XLRI
- Post Graduation Year: 2017
|From – To (Year)||Designation & Organization|
|2006-2013||Vice President, Editorial & Production, SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd.|
|2005-2006||Editor-in-chief, The Princeton Review|
|1993-2003||Senior copy rewriter and features writer at The Hindustan Times|
- Negative mentoring
- Gender and leadership
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Kumar, P & Tyagi, M (2018) An exploratory study on protégé perception of faculty mentoring in India, July 2018, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations (C grade journal as per ABDC ranking)
- Kumar, P (2018) (In publication). Exploring incongruence in mentoring dyads in Indian firms: The protégé perspective, South Asian Journal of Human Resources Management, SAGE, 5(2) 1–17 (C in ABDC rankings).
- Blake-Beard, S., Halem, J., Archibold, E. E., Boncoeur, D. O., Burton, A. R., & Kumar, P. (2017). Mentoring relationships of professional Indian women: Extending the borders of our understanding at the intersection of gender and culture. In Mentoring Diverse Leaders (pp. 51-69). Routledge.
- Kumar, P., Irudayaraj, I. S. F., Jomon, M. G., & Singhal, M. (2013). The Shadow of Negative Mentoring at the Workplace: Is Negative Affect a Mediator Between Mentoring Experiences and a Decline in Organizational Citizenship Behaviour of the Protégé?. Management and Labour Studies, SAGE Publications, 38(4), 357-371.
- Kumar, P., & Israel, D. (2013). An exploratory investigation into faculty motivation to publish: a study of business school faculty in India. International Journal of Management in Education, Inderscience, 7(3), 213-236.
- Kumar, P., & Varshney, S. (2012). Gendered scholarship: exploring the implications for consumer behaviour research. Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: An International Journal, Emerald, 31(7), 612-632. (B grade journal as per ABDC ranking)
- Kumar, P., & Blake-Beard, S. (2012) What good is bad mentorship? Proteges’ perception of negative mentoring experiences. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations: A review of economic and social development, 47 (August), 79-93. (C grade journal as per ABDC ranking)
- Kumar, P., & Singhal, M. (2012) Reducing change management complexity: aligning change recipient sensemaking to change agent sense-giving. International Journal of Learning and Change, Inderscience, 6(3/4), 138-155. (C grade journal as per ABDC ranking)
- Agarwal, A & Kumar, P (Eds). Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Business Models, 2018, Palgrave-Macmillan ISBN: 978-3-319-74487-2
- Kumar, P (Ed). Indian women as entrepreneurs: An exploration of self-identity, 2016, Palgrave-Macmillan ISBN: 978-1-137-60258-9
- Kumar, P (Ed). Unveiling Women’s Leadership: Identity and meaning of leadership in India, 2015, Palgrave-Macmillan, ISBN: 9781137547040.
- Kumar, P (Ed). Exploring Dynamic Mentoring Models in India, 2017, Palgrave-Macmillan. ISBN: 978-3-319-56404-3