Share This Article
About Mahindra University – School of Management
Mahindra University’s School of Management is a new-age business school that strives to achieve excellence across undergraduate and postgraduate levels. It offers undergraduate programs in finance, economics, and business and will soon launch master’s programs in multiple formats. (full-time, part-time, and modular) as well as a Ph.D. program
About Ph.D. Program at MUSOM
Ph.D. program at School of Management, Mahindra University
Mahindra University is notiﬁed by the Government of Telangana vide Telangana Ordinance No. 1 of 2020 dated 20th May 2020. The Mahindra University School of Management (MUSOM) announces the launch of its first batch of Ph.D. programs. The ﬁrst batch of the Ph.D. program that will begin in September-October 2022.
Why Ph.D. at MUSOM?
MUSOM, by the Mahindra Group, is one of India’s most reputed corporate houses. The school, with its emphasis on a blend of business and technology, oﬀers rigorous research and teaching opportunities for doctoral students looking for careers in top Indian and global business schools.
- Opportunity to work in a research-oriented school
- Mentorship from senior, well-published faculty members
- Full tuition fellowship & stipend for Ph.D. Students
- Experiential learning related to research and teaching
- Pursue your Intellectual Passion
- Full-time Commitment
- Create new knowledge relevant to practitioners (managers, entrepreneurs, policymakers) that can result in the best international peer-reviewed journals.
- Disseminate knowledge through excellent teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Through this program, you will obtain a deep understanding of your major and minor ﬁelds as well as research methods.
- Best faculties, who are very well trained in some of the best national and international Ph.D. granting institutions and have published in the leading journals in their ﬁelds
Ph.D. Program important points
- The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is the highest academic degree anyone can earn. The degree is conferred on doctoral students who successfully defend their Ph.D. thesis in front of a panel of experts in the ﬁeld appointed by the university.
- Students who possess a Master’s degree or post-graduate diploma in the related ﬁeld complete their Ph.D. in four years. Those who do not have a master/diploma in the ﬁeld will take ﬁrst year MBA courses for credit; hence, the period of completion of the Ph.D. is expected to be ﬁve to six years.
- They are looking for Master’s degree holders with academic solid track records who are passionate about careers in academia. The program has a duration of 4-6 years, with two years of course work followed by research on a topic that makes a novel contribution to the candidate’s chosen area.
- The Ph.D. program takes four years; however, those from a non-business background are likely to take five years or more as they will be required to take business courses in their ﬁrst year of the program.
- During the doctoral training period, doctoral students typically spend a stipulated time conducting research that involves exploring, investigating, contemplating, and extending knowledge in their area of study. Ph.D. students document their research in a formal document called a dissertation and submit it to faculty and defend their work in an oral examination.
- Ph.D. students at Mahindra University have opportunities for interdisciplinary research by working closely with their faculty from across subject areas within the School of Management and also their other sister schools, such as the School of Engineering, Law, and Education.
- Doctoral students have the opportunity to conduct research and publish their work in top peer-reviewed journals.
Specializations and considerations
- Ph.D. in Economics
- Ph.D. in Finance
- Ph.D. in Decision Sciences
- Ph.D. in Marketing
- Ph.D. in Management (can choose from Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior, and Human Resource Management)
- Ph.D. Information Science and Technology
The Application Deadline
|Last Date for submission of applications||30th June 2022|
|Shortlisting candidates||7th July 2022|
|Online interviews for selection||14th-17th July 2022|
|Announcement of Results||25th July 2022|
|Commencement of the Ph.D. Program||Sep-Oct, 2022|
Applicants with the following qualiﬁcation are preferred:
- MBA or Master’s Degree or PG Diploma in any business-related discipline, with at least 55 per cent marks.
- Candidates with an MBA or Master’s Degree or PG Diploma must have qualified for any of the following exams, namely, GRE, GMAT, or NET.
- Applicants whose Master’s degree is not in a business-related discipline can also apply. If granted admission, they will need to take the ﬁrst year MBA courses at MUSOM.
- INR 50,000/- PER ANNUM
- INR 20,000/- SECURITY DEPOSIT (ONE-TIME PAYMENT)
(for full-time scholars)
- INR 25,000/- PER MONTH* (plus Boarding & Lodging)
- *8 hours/week TA duty is mandatory
Please access the application portal and ﬁll out your application online. To expedite the processing of your application, upload digital pdf copies of the following documents within the online application:
- Transcripts and degree certiﬁcates (if applicable) from all colleges/universities attended. Unoﬃcial copies of your original documents are acceptable for admission review. Please submit your oﬃcial documents only after admission
- Graduate Admission Test scores (GRE, GMAT, or NET, Qualifying scores in the National Eligibility Test-Junior Research Fellowship (NET-JRF) of the UGC). There is no minimum score requirement for the GMAT/GRE/NET – we take a holistic view of the applicant.
- Three Letters of recommendation: Hard copies can be scanned and uploaded as part of the online application. Alternatively, recommenders can choose to email the recommendation letters to the following email ID: email@example.com
- Submit your online application and fees using the website’s “apply now” link.
- Application fee of Rs. 1000/- to be paid online through Net banking. The applicant can transfer the Application Fee into the following account using the Net Banking option and enter transaction details in the Application Form.
PS: To have oﬃcial test scores sent, the GRE institutional/program code for the Mahindra University School of Management’s Ph.D. programs is 3333, while the GMAT code is JXX.