Share This Article
PhD at IIM Trichy | Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) is the eleventh IIM. “Knowledge is endless” is a motto that has strongly governed IIM Tiruchirappalli. IIMT holds strong values which it imparts to its students, primary amongst which is an unceasing desire to learn. It also firmly believes that the foundation of value creation lies in the path of continuous learning.
Doctoral Program in Management for Ph.D. at IIM Trichy
The Doctoral Programme in Management is a full-time doctoral programme that offers students opportunities for research in different areas of Management.
Areas/ Specialization (7 Areas) for Ph.D. at IIM Trichy
Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
Information Systems and Analytics
Finance & Accounting
Tests for Ph.D. at IIM Trichy
|Area||Acceptable Test Scores|
|Strategy||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Marketing||CAT / GMAT / GRE|
|Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management||CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Management, Labor Welfare-PMIR-HRM|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (Mathematical Sciences) / GATE (Mechanical/Production and Industrial/Computer Science)|
|Information Systems and Analytics||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Finance and Accounting||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent to apply for IIMT’s Doctoral Program in Management:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline securing at least 60 percent marks (or equivalent) or a 2-year post-graduate diploma securing at least 60 percent marks (or equivalent), in addition to a Bachelors’ degree/equivalent with at least 50 percent marks obtained after a minimum of three years of education.
- Five-year / four-year Integrated Master’s Degree Programme in any discipline, with at least 60% marks or equivalent.
- A professional qualification like CA / ICWA / CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) along with Bachelor’s degree (with at least 60 percent marks).
- A 4-year / 8-semester Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 CGPA.
-Submission of application
-The candidate can apply to a maximum of two areas.
- Research Aptitude Examination (necessary for some areas)
- Area Interview (necessary for all areas)
All shortlisted candidates after stage 2 will appear for a personal interview with the Doctoral Program Committee.
Financial Assistance for Ph.D. at IIM Trichy
- A full tuition fee and hostel expenses waiver.
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees)|
|5th year (maximum)||36000 (after permission)|
Financial Support Grants for Ph.D. at IIM Trichy
|Startup Grant||Rs. 50000||purchasing research work related to hardware and software|
|Conference Grant||Rs. 2,00,000||For the national and international conference|
|Contingency Grant (annual, for the first 4 years)||Rs. 30000||purchase of hardware, software, books, databases, data collection expenses, conference expenses and any other items|
|Fieldwork Grant||Rs. 50000 (Maximum)||Field Research|