Share This Article
Dr. Allan Bird research interests focus on effective leadership and management at the intersections of culture in global contexts, with a particular emphasis on the assessment and development of individual and organizational competencies. More recently his focus has been on issues related to diversity, inclusion and equity as a subset on intercultural interactions.
Since 2001, he has also served as President of The Kozai Group, Inc., an international consulting firmed focused on identifying and developing exceptional talent. He has worked with companies in North America, Europe, and Japan, including AT&T, Boeing, Bose, Coca Cola, Eisai, EMC Ernst & Young, Fujitsu, GE, IBM, Medtronic, Molex, Monsanto, Nippon Express, Sharp and Watchmark.
Books written by Prof. Allan Bird:
- Mendenhall, M.E., Osland, J.S., Bird, A., Oddou, G.R., Maznevski, M.L., Stevens, M.J. & Stahl, G.K. (2017). Global leadership: Research, practice, development, 3rd Edition. London: Routledge.
- Higano, M. & Bird, A. [Eds]. (2009). 入門ビジネス・リーダーシップ [An Introduction to Business: Leadership]. Tokyo: Nippon Hyoronsha.
- Bird, A. [Ed.] (2002). The encyclopedia of Japanese business and management. London: Routledge.
- Beechler, S. & Bird, A. [Eds]. (1999). Japanese multinationals abroad: Individual and organizational learning. New York: Oxford University Press.
Areas of Expertise
Global leadership assessment and development, Intercultural management, Managing in a global organizations, International human resource management, Japanese business and management.
In this video, he discussed the three points:
- Journey of Prof. Allan Bird
- Three tips for future research scholars to help them in taking research as a career choice.
- Why GIM for research?
Points discussed in the video:
- How has been shifted from America to India?
- Tell me more about Professional experience
- Google Scholar citation more than 8200 citations
- Research books
- What kind of research should potential researchers do post- Covid?
- Research as a career