Share This Article
S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is a leading school of management situated in the heart of India’s financial center, Mumbai. It functions as an autonomous institute with entrepreneurial agility and consistently ranks amongst the top ten best management institutes in India.
Inaugurated in 1981 by the then British Prime Minister, the Late Hon. Margaret Thatcher, SPJIMR’s mission is to Influence Practice and Promote Value-based Growth. SPJIMR has been awarded accreditation by the prestigious AACSB International -The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The PGDM, PGPM, FPM, and PGP-GM programs are approved by the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
About FPM at SPJIMR
The FPM is the full-time doctoral program of SPJIMR designed to create world-class researchers and faculty in various management disciplines. As an institute, we strive to highlight today’s enterprises’ issues. This doctoral management program targets individuals who have a passion for teaching and would like to solve real-life business problems through their research.
The Doctoral Programme at SPJIMR is aimed at producing academic researchers and thought leaders of the highest global standards. The Programme structure has been designed keeping in mind the requirements to fulfil these objectives. The overall length of the program would ideally be between four and five years.
The Application Deadline
The FPM Application window is open till 31st July 2022
Qualifying examinations to get into FPM at SPJIMR
- Master level thesis: a) Advisor allocation process, b) Proposal and submission process
- Doctoral thesis: a) Proposal submission, Defence, and registration, b) Progress review, c) Pre-synopsis, synopsis, and thesis submission
- Faculty Development: Teaching, Assistantship, and FDPs
At least one of the following:
- A Master’s Degree / Equivalent in any discipline, with at least 55 per cent marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (with a Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification with at least 50 per cent marks)
- Five-year/four-year Integrated Master’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 55 per cent marks
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, or CS, with at least 55 per cent marks
A valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/NET mgt. /MAT/XAT/PET score (validity is as follows):
- CAT – 3 years
- GRE/GMAT – 5 years
- XAT/MAT/PET – 1 year
- NET (Management). Qualified
The candidate must have obtained at least 50 per cent marks in the higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Preferably three years of work experience which is relevant to their specialization or in a related discipline. We believe that a first-hand experience with organizations is essential to creating a scholar who can balance rigour and practice. Candidates with significant work experience (over 10 years) are also welcome, as long as they have the motivation and background to pursue a rigorous research program.
(Note: A valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/NET mgt. /MAT/XAT score is required for admission to the FPM at SPJIMR. However, those applicants who do not have their scores by the application deadline can complete the form by entering the date they would take the test. Subsequently, upon receiving the score, they should inform the FPM Office at SPJIMR at the earliest.)
Applicants will sit for a Research Aptitude Test during their Personal interview (PI) session at SPJIMR. Please note that all offers would be contingent on applicants submitting a valid NET mgt. score/MAT/XAT score by January 15th, 2021
Scholarship & Financial Aid
The FPM at SPJIMR is a fully-funded program. Every scholar admitted to the program will receive a 100 per cent scholarship for the entire duration of their FPM journey.
Apart from this, to enable the participants to take care of their essential needs during their research journey, SPJIMR will also provide a monthly stipend. Participants in good conduct and faith will receive a stipend for the program’s first four years. The details of the stipend at present are as follows:
- During the coursework phase: INR 40,000 per month
- Post clearing the qualifying exam: INR 42,000 per month
- Post successful defence of proposal: INR 45,000 per month
What is the duration of the program?
FPM at SPJIMR generally takes anywhere between four to five years to complete.
Upcoming FPM-related events
(Webinars open for all aspirants)
These workshops have been designed and delivered for aspirants seeking admission to the FPM at SPJIMR.
The information sessions are designed to help the candidates with the application process and learn more about the program.
(Attendance to these events in no way guarantees admission to the program.)
|25-06-2022||4:30pm to 6:00pm||FPM @SPJIMR||Dr Bikramjit Ray Chaudhuri|
|02-07-2022||4:30pm to 6:00pm||The changing landscape of Finance & Economics Research||Dr Vidhu Shekhar|
|09-07-2022||4:30pm to 6:00pm||How to write a Research Proposal & Statement of Purpose for Admission to a Doctoral Programme||Dr Sheila Roy|
|16-07-2022||4:30pm to 6:00pm||Contemporary Research Ideas in Information Management||Dr Ashutosh Jha|
|23-07-2022||4:30pm to 6:00pm||Career Opportunities after completion of a Doctoral Programme||Dr Snehal Shah|
Do the candidates need to teach?
To impart high-quality teaching and research skills, scholars are required to go through a teaching assistantship in their area for a limited time during their course. Actual teaching sessions might be involved during the same.