Share This Article
Vipul Garg is an FPM Scholar in Finance and Accounting at IIM Lucknow. He cleared the UGC-NET-JRF exam in Management and Commerce 3 times. Earlier, he did his M.Com and PGDM from IGNOU. Also, he completed his B.Com and MBA.
He has an additional qualifications in NCFM and National Stock Exchange (NSE). His professional certification includes Technical, Fundamental and Derivative analysis and he is proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet. He holds personal skills like excellent verbal and written communication skills, a quick learner and a willingness to learn.
He worked at M.V.N. University, Palwal, Haryana as an Assistant Professor in the School of Business Management and Commerce for 22 months. He wants to educate the best minds of the world by imparting them practical knowledge instead of just giving them theoretical knowledge. He wants to be a perennial source of knowledge to his students to fulfil the objective of putting India into the league of developed nations.
- Why did you choose a Research Career? How did your stint in early education and Academics encourage or prompt you to undertake research?
2. What made you choose IIM Lucknow for FPM? Did you apply to any other institute?
Many FPM/ Ph.D. aspirants are waiting to learn from you through your interview process. We request you to recall your interviews and help us understand the points kindly:
- Interview duration,
- questions on educational background,
- work experience,
- area of specialization,
- subject related, i.e., technical proficiencies or general questions,
- Research Proposal, etc.
(Share your experience)
3. What is the selection procedure at IIM-L, and how is candidate evaluation done (any idea)? Which one did you find more complex or requires more preparation?
4. Share some preparation tips with potential FPM/Ph.D. students.
5. How should one prepare to get into a prestigious FPM program?
6. Both physically (books to read, how many hours of preparation are required) and mentally, how should one prepare?
7. What kind of preparation went into UGC -NET?
- As per your experience, what qualities does an interviewer look for or want from the potential FPM/ Ph.D. student?
- How has your experience at the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIML) been so far? (As a resident, and as a scholar). Changes you are experiencing in online to offline mode.
- What are the three things you love about IIM Lucknow?
- What kind of career opportunities you would like to explore post Ph.D.? Any plans to go back to the industry?
Rapid Fire – (one-word/one-line answer)
- An early morning ritual/ practice
- A must-have item on your office desk
- What’s your latest purchase to increase your productivity?
- Your favourite book(s)
- Your favourite quote that keeps you motivated