Share This Article
The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is a computer adaptive entrance test, administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) . This exam is an essential admission requirement for graduate management programs, such as a Master in Business Administration(MBA) and a Doctorate of Philosophy(PhD).
Important Points about GMAT
- Four sections, are to be completed in the order of your choosing: Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning, and Analytical Writing Assessment. There are two optional 8-minute breaks.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours, and 7 minutes (plus 30 minutes for check-in)
- Your Official Score Report displays your Total Score, section scores, and your percentile ranking. Your unofficial score appears on the screen upon completion of the exam.
- The GMAT score is accepted by more than 7,000 programs in nearly 2,300 graduate business schools across the globe and the score is valid for 5 years.
- GMAT 2022 entrance test can be taken up to five times in a calendar year and 8 attempts in a lifetime. However, the consecutive reattempts must have a time gap of at least 16 days.
GMAT 2022 Exam Dates:
GMAT aspirants can refer to the schedule given below and then, register online through the official GMAT website.
|GMAT Exam||Crucial Dates|
|GMAT 2022 Registration Dates||Open throughout the year. Keep checking the official website.|
|Date of GMAT Examination||Candidates have the flexibility to choose the date during the registration|
|Place of GMAT Examination||You can select any one out of the below:
|GMAT Result Declaration||Within 20 days of taking the test|
Eligibility Criteria for GMAT:
|Age Limit||18 years or above, no upper age limit for the candidate, between 13 to 17 years old|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university (minimum)|
Get started with 3 easy steps.
- Choose your exam delivery experience: Decide which delivery method works best for you – online or at a test centre, the choice is yours!
- Create a mba.com account: Start by creating a mba.com account and providing some basic information.
- Register for your exam: Click the register button, complete your GMAT profile, select your date and time, and complete payment.
GMAT 2022 Fee Structure:
The candidates who wish to appear for the GMAT exam must pay a registration fee. The fee for enrolling for the exam is USD $250 (18600 INR approximately). There are three modes of payment available Debit/Credit Cards, Money Orders and Cheques
GMAT 2022 Syllabus:
Candidates who are planning to take the GMAT 2022 exam, have to be well acquainted with the GMAT Syllabus 2022. The GMAT exam consists four sections as listed below:
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section measures a candidate’s ability to logically and mathematically solve quant problems. Two types of questions are asked: data sufficiency and problem-solving. The questions asked are primarily from Geometry, Algebra, Linear Equations, etc.
- Integrated Reasoning: This section measures the candidates’ capability to integrate data given in multiple formats such as tables, graphs or texts and derive meaningful conclusions from that.
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses the candidates’ ability to read and evaluate a given passage, and critically analyze the arguments.
- Analytical Writing Assessment: This section tests a candidate’s ability to communicate ideas in written English.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2022:
GMAT is 3 hours and 30 minutes long computer adaptive test that includes 80 questions. The test comprises four sections and each section is timed and scored separately. Candidates can refer to the following table to get a better understanding of the GMAT exam pattern 2022:
|Name of the Section||Time Limit||Number of questions||Score Range|
|Quantitative||1 hour, 2 minutes||31 questions||6-51|
|Integrated Reasoning||½ an hour||12 questions||1-8|
|Verbal Ability||1 hour, 5 minutes||36 questions||6-51|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||½ an hour||01 (essay)||0-6|