Share This Article
In conversation with Prof. Jayant Nasa
Prof. Jayant Nasa is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIM Udaipur). He teaches Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior courses in MBA and PhD programs respectively. He also teaches PhD students a short module on Causal Inference. His research lies broadly in the domain of consumer psychology.
His specific research interests include compensatory consumption, identity, persuasion, and marketplace morality. He completed his Fellow Programme in Management in Marketing specialization from the Indian School of Business (ISB) in 2020. Prior to this, he also did his dual degree in B.Tech. (Mining Engineering) and MBA – Dual Degree, from IIT (ISM) Dhanbad.
His research interests include Compensatory Consumption, Sustainability, Moral Decision-Making, Advertising Ethics, Source Effects
The working papers discussed in the Interview are:
1. “Cozying up to the Kardashians: An Affiliation Coping Explanation for Consumers’ Affinity towards Celebrity Gossip” with Tanuka Ghoshal and Rajagopal Raghunathan (under review at the Journal of Consumer Psychology)
2. “I’m in Love with the Shape of Me! Product Curvature Preferences as a Coping Strategy” with Tanuka Ghoshal and Amitava Chattopadhyay (manuscript in preparation for submission to the Journal of Consumer Psychology)
3. “Beyond Diversity: Employment of Persons with Disabilities as a Sustainable Strategy” with Arti Srivastava, Prakash Satyavageeswaran, and Sundar G. Bharadwaj (manuscript in preparation for submission to the Journal of Marketing)
The highlights of Prof. Jayant Nasa Interview
1. Why did he select Research? Why ISB?
2. He also discussed a second PhD from Deccan and Post-doc positions.
3. All the recent Research papers written by him are also discussed.
4. The message for Scholars
Honours and Achievements, Research Awards
You can check all the honours and achievements from the below link.
The other blogs from ISB